Annual meeting, 2-3-4/11/2020
The annual meeting of the international research network on cold forests will take place online, from the 2nd to the 4th of November 2020, between 10h and 14h universal time
Dear colleagues, members and friends of the International Research Network on Cold Forests, we are happy to announce our next meeting, virtual this year. Our discussions will be organized around 5 topics and perhaps more :
1. Biodiversity and biogeography of cold forests : from local to global patterns
2. Disturbances and dynamic of cold forests
3. Global change and its impacts : socio-economical responses of cold forests face to climate change
4. Lessons from the past : paleoecology and landscape ecology in cold forests
5. Testing adaptations : forest management and new practices
We also plan to summarize our exchanges to contribute to a special issue on « Natural Disturbances under Climate Change: Challenges, Trends, and Management Implications ↗ » in Forests where your contributions could be integrated and published, think about it !
The submission deadline for your articles is March 15, 2021.
Program – Abstract
Poster : Can stand species mixture attenuate the vulnerability of boreal forests to climate change and insect epidemics?
Chavardès R¹*, Gennaretti F¹, Cavard X¹, Grondin P², Balducci L³, Morin H³, Leduc A⁴, Kainelainen A¹, Charron D⁴, Châtellier T⁵, Bergeron Y¹,4
¹University of Québec in Abitibi-Témiscamingue, ²Québec Ministry of Forests, Wildlife, and Parks, ³University of Québec at Chicoutimi, ⁴University of Québec in Montréal, ⁵School of Agricultural and Life Sciences in Toulouse
Inscription et contacts
And follow our activity on Twitter @cold_forests
Photo : Miguel Montoro Girona