Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL
Forest Resources and Management
- 2021 – now: Research Scientist, Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL, Birmensdorf, Switzerland
- 2018-2021: Postdoctoral researcher, Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL, Birmensdorf, Switzerland
- 2017-2018: Research associate, UQAM, Montréal, Canada
- 2010: Research assistant, Landcare Research – Manaaki Whenua, Lincoln, New-Zealand
- 2017: PhD in Environmental Sciences, UQAM, Montréal, Canada
- 2010: MsC Biodiversity, Ecology and Environment, Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
- 2008: BsC Biology and Ecology, Université de Savoie, Chambéry, France
Area of expertise
My research focuses on developing and improving climate sensitive empirical forest development models (mostly focused on tree mortality).
I mostly work with the Swiss National Forest Inventory data with an applied focus related to forest management practices.
I also work on tree species diversity in forests at larger scales, involving several European countries.
Although not my main research topic anymore, I am still involved in fire history reconstruction projects in North America.
Forest development models, National Forest Inventories, tree mortality, tree species diversity, fire history reconstruction
- Institution: www.wsl.ch/en/employees/portier.html
- GoogleScholar: scholar.google.ch/citations?user=2-LdcmsAAAAJ&hl=en
- Twitter @jeanne_portier